Reverie Dance Academy Policies
- Please arrive to class with enough time to remove street clothes and shoes. Students should be ready to begin class when it is scheduled. Dance shoes should never be worn outside.
- RDA’s Dress Code must be observed in all classes. Please contact the instructor with any questions regarding dress code. Students who do not adhere to dress code may be asked to observe class.
- Make-up lessons can be scheduled due to a class absence and should be taken at the student’s current level or level below in any class. For a list of available options, or to schedule a make-up lesson, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours in advance. Make-up lessons must be completed by Sunday, May 19, 2019. Tuition credit will not be given for any missed class.
- If classes are cancelled due to inclement weather, an email will be sent to the email address on record and a notice will be posted on our website and Facebook page. All affected students will be offered a make-up lesson of their choice. Tuition credit will not be granted for any absences or classes cancelled due to inclement weather.
- The front doors of the studio will be locked to the outside every evening 15 minutes after the start of the last class. Staff will not be permitted to open the door for anyone, including parents. If you want to observe your child’s class during this time, please arrive at the beginning of class.
- If a student drops a class, tuition credit will be provided for the remaining classes in the session, effective the date RDA is notified in writing. All class changes must be submitted in writing via email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Tuition credit will not be applied to previous missed classes.
- Students may enroll in, or change classes up until December 1, 2018 (pending class availability). After this time we will not be able to accommodate new enrollments or class changes. All class changes must be submitted in writing by email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To participate in June Showcase, students must be enrolled in and start attending class by December 1, 2018. Students must remain enrolled in the class and participate in Sessions II, III, IV and V.
- Your questions are very important to us, therefore we would like to devote the time you deserve in our responses. Please refrain from using the time between classes to discuss matters with the instructors. Lacey and the teaching staff have scheduled office hours available to assist you. To forward any questions for specific instructors, or to schedule a meeting, please email email@example.com.
- The Reverie Dance Academy Office is open Monday-Friday 4:00 pm-7:00 pm and Saturday 10:00 am-1:00 pm. Voicemails and emails will be returned during these times.
- Class Levels/Placements are provided by the RDA teaching staff. Students are continuously reviewed. RDA will contact a family if a student should be moved to a different level from which they are enrolled. Written class recommendations are provided for the following season prior to the registration period.
- Private lessons are available to all RDA students. Requests must be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. Lessons will be booked based on instructor and studio availability. Cost varies by instructor. Prior to booking a private lesson, the family’s tuition balance must be paid in full.
- Costume orders for June Showcase will be sent home in November, and will be due back no later than December 1, 2018. Showcase costumes for Little Dancers, Basic Ballet, Basic Tap and Basic Jazz will cost $55 each. Level 1-8, Youth & Teen level Showcase costumes will cost $65 each. RDC Company costumes will cost $85 each. Students will be measured for their costume in November. Once the costume has been ordered there are absolutely no refunds or exchanges. If a dancer drops out of a dance, the costume will be given to them after the final performance of that dance. No Exceptions.
- June Showcase Dress Rehearsals are mandatory and will take place Tuesday, May 28th, Wednesday, May 29h and Thursday, May 30th. Rehearsal times will be assigned in March, prior to Spring Break. All graduation conflicts must be submitted in writing no later than January 1, 2019 to email@example.com.
- Reverie will have FOUR June Showcase performances. They will take place Friday, May 31st at 6:30 pm, Saturday, June 1st at 11:00 am and 2:00 pm and Sunday, June 2nd at 2:00 pm. All dancers performing are required to remain backstage for the duration of the show. This is for the safety and security of all dancers and staff. All graduation conflicts must be submitted in writing no later than January 1, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All students will perform in at least one of the showcase performances (with the exception of Jumps & Turns, Acro and Boys Musical Theatre Jazz class students). Students who are enrolled in multiple classes should plan on performing in multiple shows. Although we make every effort, we cannot guarantee siblings will perform in the same shows.
- RDA does not have a “showcase fee,” however, all audience members must purchase tickets for the shows. All seats are reserved. All audience members ages 3+ will need a reserved ticket. Pricing for the Early Childhood Showcase (our one-hour show on Saturday, June 1st at 11:00 am for Little Dancers, Basic Ballet, Basic Tap, Basic Jazz and select other classes of siblings) will be $10.00 for General Seating and $12.00 for Preferred Seating tickets. Pricing for all other shows will be $14.00 for General Seating and $16.00 for Preferred Seating (Orchestra) tickets. Please note: in addition to the standard ticket fee, Tutu Tix will charge a $1.00 service fee per ticket, plus 5% tax.
RDA Policies are subject to change at any time. To view the 2018-19 RDA Policy Agreement, please click here.