Reverie Dance Academy Policies
- Please arrive to class with enough time to remove street clothes and shoes. Students should be ready to begin class when it is scheduled. Dance shoes should never be worn outside.
- RDA’s Dress Code must be observed in all classes. Please contact the instructor with any questions regarding dress code. Students who do not adhere to dress code may be asked to observe class.
- Classes take place weekly. Please email email@example.com if your student will be absent for any reason. When our instructors are informed in advance, they are able to adjust their lesson plan to accommodate missing students. Students with absentee issues during Sessions IV and V may risk being removed from sections of June Showcase choreography.
- Make-up lessons can be scheduled due to a class absence and should be taken at the student’s current level or level below in any class. For a list of available options, or to schedule a make-up lesson, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours in advance. Make-up lessons must be completed by Sunday, May 20, 2018. Tuition credit will not be given for any missed class.
- If classes are cancelled due to inclement weather, an email will be sent to the email address on record and a notice will be posted on our website and Facebook page. All affected students will be offered a make-up lesson. Tuition credit will not be granted for any absences or classes cancelled due to inclement weather.
- Students may enroll in or change classes up until December 1, 2017 (pending class availability). After this time we will not be able to accommodate new enrollments or class changes.
- Your questions are very important to us, therefore we would like to devote the time you deserve in our responses. Please refrain from using the time between classes to discuss matters with the instructors. Lacey and the teaching staff have scheduled office hours available to assist you. To forward any questions for specific instructors, or to schedule a meeting, please email email@example.com.
- The Reverie Dance Academy Office is open Monday-Friday 4:00 pm-7:00pm and Saturday 10:00 am-1:00 pm. Voicemails and emails will be returned during these times.
- Class Levels/Placements are provided by the RDA teaching staff. Students are continuously reviewed. RDA will contact a family if a student should be moved to a different level from which they are enrolled. Written class recommendations are provided in the spring for the following season.
- Costume orders for June Showcase will be sent home in November, and will be due back no later than December 1, 2017. Showcase costumes for Little Dancers, Basic Ballet, Basic Tap and Basic Jazz will cost $55 each. Level 1-8, Youth & Teen level Showcase costumes will cost $65 each. RDC Company costumes will cost $75 each. Students will be measured for their costume in November. Once the costume has been ordered there are absolutely no refunds or exchanges. If a dancer drops out of a dance, the costume will be given to them after the final performance of that dance. No Exceptions.
- June Showcase Dress Rehearsals are mandatory and will take place Tuesday, May 29th, Wednesday, May 30th and Thursday, May 31st. Rehearsal times will be assigned in March, prior to Spring Break. All graduation conflicts must be submitted in writing no later than January 1, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reverie will have FOUR June Showcase performances. They will take place Friday, June 1st at 6:30 pm, Saturday, June 2nd at 11:00 am and 2:00 pm and Sunday, June 3rd at 2:00 pm. All dancers performing are required to remain backstage for the duration of the show. This is for the safety and security of all dancers and staff. All graduation conflicts must be submitted in writing no later than January 1, 2018 to email@example.com.
- All students will perform in at least one of the showcase performances (with the exception of Jumps & Turns and Acro class students). Students who are enrolled in multiple classes should plan on performing in multiple shows. Although we make every effort, we cannot guarantee siblings will perform in the same shows.
- RDA does not have a “showcase fee,” however, all audience members must purchase tickets for the shows. All seats are reserved. All audience members ages 3+ will need a reserved ticket. Pricing for the Early Childhood Showcase (our one-hour show on Saturday, June 2nd at 11:00 am for Little Dancers, Basic Ballet, Basic Tap, Basic Jazz and select other classes of siblings) will be $10.00 for General Seating and $12.00 for Preferred Seating tickets. Pricing for all other shows will be $14.00 for General Seating and $16.00 for Preferred Seating (Orchestra) tickets. Please note: in addition to the standard ticket fee, Tutu Tix will charge a $1.00 service fee per ticket, plus 5% tax.
RDA Policies are subject to change at any time. To view the 2017-18 RDA Policy Agreement, please click here.